[IRCA] Oct 26 TPs: Another of those HS Girls I Used to Date

[IRCA] Oct 26 TPs: Another of those HS Girls I Used to Date

I'm finally recovered from Grayland and back in normal routine....
Was up more than an hour before first light and conditions were full
of promise. The early action was really quite exciting, with around
45 or so in audio and many of those at very good volume.  There were
even a few in good audio that are rather rare to me, even at
Grayland.... VOV from Hanoi on 675 was the best that I've heard them
so far this year, from anywhere and fairly rare CNR1 on 756 was in
with very good audio, the best ever here on Orcas Island. Even more
exciting, 783 was in good level Chinese, probably Huayi, down in
Fujian Province, opposite Taiwan. I've never heard them well enough
before to report, so I started the recorder..... and experienced the
famous "start of recorder effect"..... 2 minutes of good level man
talking and then rapidly down hill.

Things started going down hill right across the band about 1400. I
assumed that this was the "pause" before dawn enhancement
(LSR=1450UTC). Not really so.... there was dawn enhancement, but only
a few signals were even equal to their strength an hour earlier. Many
were down quite a bit, some gone entirely and a miserable few... of
the regulars, were actually stronger than during the pre-dawn darkness.

A lot of early promise and excitement followed by frustration and a
hollow feeling....  sure sounds like my high school social life.

I fear that I may have witnessed a real change in the previously good
conditions.... around 1400 UTC.

John B.