Re: [IRCA] KKOL 1300

> I think KKOL is going to have a time getting into NW Oregon, especially
> from the Fall to Spring during the day. Winter cx have set in and skip
> is wild during the day. CKMX-1060 is S9+15DB as I type this at 11:40 AM
> (PDT), High River on 1140 noted, CBR 1010, under Portland and KKPL 1300
> Medford is dominant off all of my antennas except the Eastern beverage.
> KACI is dominant with KKPL behind it. Not a peep out on KKOL off the
> ship I presume. KKPL is S9+10 DB. Their 20 KW has quite the signal in
> the NW running ND days. I doubt KKOL is going to have much signal South,
> but probably quite the signal to the North.

That's certainly what it's designed to do - a tight beam to the north from
the new Tacoma site. They have to protect KLDY on 1280, which can't be
more than 20 miles south of the new 1300 site. I'd have to imagine the
British Columbia gang will hear much more of the new KKOL than the Oregon
crew will...