Re: [IRCA] TPs (or lack thereof) for 20 Oct

Re: [IRCA] TPs (or lack thereof) for 20 Oct

When I first checked this morning at 1215 I was hearing a good number of
TP carriers, so thought it was worth a trip to the acreage (in spite of
some rather thick fog), and things looked promising at first with good
audio from the Japanese regulars, and even on 1179.   I was a bit
suspicious when DU carriers starting appearing at 1330 or so, and even
audio from Australia on 774, then at about 1340 it was a big switch was
turned off, as virtually all trace of TP signals disappeared.  Even the
big signals on 594 and 693 went from audio to virtually no carrier in a
matter of 10 minutes.   No doubt some of that solar activity promised
for the weekend!

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta