[IRCA] QSLing

Greetings,

I recently received a correct reception report for KAVT, which many of
you know, I am  handling the QSLing for the CE. The reporter posted an
interesting question. I thought I would ask for your input. I am sure
this question has been asked and discussed in the past, but here I go.
I was asked by the KAVT CE to handle the QSLing. I am happy to do it. I
get a kick out of all of the places the station is heard. I do enjoy it,
like I enjoy getting QSLs myself. But the reporter asked the question,
since the QSL is not coming directly from the station, is the QSL legal?
I fiqure it is as I have the permission to handle the QSLs. But is it? I
count all of my QSLs either from the station or from a person that is
OKed to QSL the report.
   It is like the Committee to Preserve QSLs back East. They only eccept
certain kinds of QSLs. They do not want any prepared cards or CB QSLs. I
don't know if they will accept e mail QSLs or not. But I do know there
are purists out there that will not accept anything but a card or letter
from the station. That person must not get too many QSLs these days
then. Getting that letter or card from the station is getting harder to
do. The CE asks many times now that "Is there something I can just
sign?" I guess you would go to the station and ask the PD or GM to type
you out a QSL. But even at local KAST, the GM says they only QSL via e
mail now. So the rules have to be changed. What worked years ago will no
longer work now, purist or not. But I wanted to kick this out and see
what other DXers think. To start it out, myself, I will accept about
anything confirmming my reception on the letter, ppc, e mail, FAX,
anything. I would rather have the letter or card, but it this day we are
very fortunate to get anything back.  I welcome your comments. Thanks.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager