[IRCA] Hoo Haw: 68 in Audio: Oct 17 TPs from Orcas Island

[IRCA] Hoo Haw: 68 in Audio: Oct 17 TPs from Orcas Island

Wow, Maybe my best-ever morning from the home location.  Started at
1330, 70 minutes before Local SunRise.  Actually, the pre-first light
band was almost better than that at max dawn. Had the best ever audio
on 531 (including Grayland), and the band was full of audio, many at
very listenable levels. 15 of the signals were at what on FM is
called "full quieting" level.  The band stayed at that level for the
first 15 minutes or so and then seemed to "hesitate" like we see
sometimes at Grayland.... signals down quite a ways  for 15 minutes
or so before the real meat of dawn enhancement occurs. Then, about
1405 or 1410, the enhancement really got going. Signals increased (in
most but not all cases) back to where they had been previously. A few
went beyond their pre-dawn level.

Usually, the band dies here a couple of minutes before actual LSR...
today at 1437.  However, once in a while I do get the after-dawn DX
that is such a regular part of the Grayland experience. This morning,
there were still more than a handful of stations in audio when I quit
at 1505, a half-hour after dawn. It was not all gravy, though.  I
recorded 6 frequencies for further analysis and possible reception
reports.... and four of the six dropped out within a couple of
minutes.  So, some of the more interesting stations were very up and
down. Still.......

The more interesting stations

675 Presumed Vietnam was at very listenable levels, pre-dawn. Never
returned quite to that level, tho'

711 HLKA, Seoul in good audio // 738 HLKG Daegu. I hardly ever even
note a het on this channel, much less listenable audio (This may be
partly due to 710, KIRO, Seattle)

738 HLKG Daegu., 738 is very often just a furball for me.... Nice to
hear Deagu doing well.

828 Had the Japanese and something else, neck and neck. Maybe the CC

783 Was in audio early. This was almost certainly China Huayi from
down in Fujian province. An abandoned recording, this

855.000 I had the Chinese in audio here and the KK in audio 120 Hertz
above.  I've never experienced that here, and rarely at Grayland

918 I heard AT LEAST three CNR-2 transmitters for a while.  They were
not quite in sync and it produced the darndest echo that I've ever heard.

927 Low audio UnID.... I've heard the huge RTI Taiwanese here from Grayland???

945 Heard HUGE CNR-1 signal here after dawn (1450) Just stunning.

990 CC here above but mixing with NAm station here for awhile. I
suspect this was the Shanghai News Station, but I'm unsure.

1062 Probable DZEC Manila, which would be a new country from home.

1278 Probably Hebei RGD, a Chinese that I'm chasing to get enough
audio for a reception report. Died after 2 or 3 minutes..... TWICE!

1386 Audio was not too good, but, unlike previous rare days here when
I hear anything on this channel, this was not the NHK2 synchros.  It
was probably the badly-needed Tianjin station. Tianjin is the port
city for Beijing and where I taught for part of a semester back in
the early 1980s.... I've always wanted to hear that city.

Gee, I hope some of the rest did well this AM.... Wonder what Patrick heard???
John B.