[IRCA] Surprisingly Good: Oct 15 TPs

What with the solar numbers yesterday and the beguiling rain this AM,
I snuggled in the covers for an extra 90 minutes this AM. I was at
the dials for dawn enhancement, though and was sort of shocked at the
improvement over yesterday AM. Below 1300, the conditions were almost
"normal," with the exception of the Koreas being noticeably down. Had
all of the usual JJ Big Guns and a decent handful of the normal
Chinese, all in quite good audio. The highlight of the morning was
Sapporo on 1287, with by far its best audio of the season... Arm
chair copy and not up and down like many of the rest.

Nick, I had the off-channel carrier above 774.  Once I "measured"
774.143 and the second time, later, it was 744.130..... Don't know if
it moved in that 15 minutes or maybe I was just sloppy one of the two
times.  In both cases, the two carriers were undulating in quite
similar fashions, though possibly not EXACTLY the same.  One problem
with my two super-sized EWEs... they really do respond like the
models say.... almost circular, with a notch out of the back side.
Unless there happens to be significant noise or QRM in that notch,
they aren't all that directional.... so, I often can't distinguish
between DU and Asia with them..... and anything less diverse is
really just guessing.

I also had what I sure think is a spur on 747, high.  Probably
747.040 or so.... much closer in, but still clearly distinguishable.

Anyway, the ionosphere does seem well on the way to recovery. I hope
that Colin Newell was out with his Beverage!

John B.