[IRCA] Firebreathing radios and Captain Beefheart

[IRCA] Firebreathing radios and Captain Beefheart

> Still, will probably send to crusher when nice new HD radios become
> popular.
> And they will become popular! It's 'our inevitable digital future!'
> They're so
> neat! Buy Pepsi Now!

I succumbed to the call of the glowing bottles of joy. I passed
through the graveyard of all items as they pass from usefulness to
the landfill, the local Goodwill store. There it was, the object of
my desire, bringing the promise of fulfillment. A Westinghouse 827T4
AM only breadbox sized bringer voices from the aether. I pulled out
my $5 bill and got a penny back and a electronical voice and music box.

I turned it on and it played a little from its 4 glass bottles, a
35W4, 50C5, 12AU6, and 12AV6. I took it home and pulled out a box of
old firebottles and only had a 12AU6 and replaced the one in there.
It played a lot better, but it begged for a new 12AV6. I will have to
pick one up in Tempe on Monday. Perhaps it will be as good as new then.

All orange glowing room heating radios must be saved from the
ignominious death in the landfill. The person who passed this on to
the junk man did not know that all fire breathing radios are
precious. Nonetheless, his loss is my gain.

>                Captain Beefheart, 'Clear Spot'

Don VanVliet! Captain Beefheart, singer of "Sam With the Flowing
Scalp Flattop"! That name brings back memories of smoky college days....

Kevin