From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Craig Healy
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 7:42 AM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] WDHP overpowered?

>I see that Richard Wood in BIHI finds the WDHP 1620 signal remarkable for
only
>1 kW at night. In case you missed it, this was in DX Listening Digest 6-148
>last week:

(snip)

If they are 100kw, it certainly has made no difference here in the NE US.
They are poor at best.  When the first went on, I don't think they powered
down from 10kw. Often quite listenable on a car radio in Providence.  I do
check them frequently here, and nada.  RVC-530 is almost always
entertainment level for comparison.

I'd wager only a kilowatt, as licensed.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI