[IRCA] MW DX in NC

I've been reading some of the strong MW reports recently and wishing I had
time to see what was going on.  Tonight, for a few minutes, I got to  listen in
the car while my daughter was in Girl Scouts.

Two things caught my attention... first, I finally heard something on 1710
(strongest when I first listened... about 1855 ET).  Could it be the
Lubavitcher Pirate?  A song was played, followed by lengthy  talk (not EE, SS or FF...
Hebrew?).  Of course, the signal level was  low and generally overridden by
distant static (there were storms  about 200 miles away in Eastern TN), so it's
hard to offer specifics on  what was heard.

Second, I immediately heard a strong het on 1520 (about 1910, ET).   It's not
like that's unheard of, but the signal level was hot  (more like a solid
evening on the East Coast of FL).  Listening to  WWKB, I caught a few seconds of
deep fade from Buffalo with a peak on  1521.  I'm pretty sure I heard AA audio
for ten or fifteen seconds.   That's a first on the car radio.

FWIW, I was surprised to heard non-Disney programming from NYC on  1560.  I
didn't think Disney stations were allowed to stray (even  O&O's).

Brian Goodrich
Greensboro, NC