[IRCA] TP Morning 10/12

Greetings,

The morning started out around 1315 for me,  poor and low level. I
thought "Why did I get up for this?". Well, by 1345 things changed. A
lot more TP activity with China 1206 armchair copy and  a number of
other CCs were heard too. Mostly CC for some reason. The powerhouse JJ
were there, but not many of the weaker ones for some reason. A few KK,
but again mostly CC. Then around 1355 I landed on 1017 khz and noted CC
CRI in KK, with good signals and a filipino behind them. I sat on 1017
until after 1405 hoping the filipino would fade up. There were two
filipinos at one point. One may have been DYRP Iliolo City I logged and
QSL'd back in the 80s, but the other one sounded religious. I wasn't
getting anywhere on 1017 because CRI in KK hogged the channel. I went up
to 1278 and heard another strong CC. Then around 1430 I returned to 1017
and by that time the rel. filipino had taken over the channel with CRI
in KK behind. Mentions of Davao, so I presume this is DXAM Davao City
with 10 KW. Per the PAL log, the format fits too. DXGM 1125 was received
last week, also Davao City too. This is likely.
   It was an interesting morning. Not the usual fare, but a lot of
different stuff. At 1340 I heard an unid station on 1179, over JOOR, but
I could not make out the language. But it did not sound like KK or CC,
but it was hard to tell.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin