[IRCA] That Giant Sucking Sound: TP Cx on 11 October

[IRCA] That Giant Sucking Sound: TP Cx on 11 October

With all of the TA excitement in the NW last night, I got up extra
early this morning, hoping for wall-to-wall DX. Two and a half hours
before dawn (1200 UT) there were a moderate number of carriers and
scattered audio, with China/Manchurian stations providing a bit of
audio.  1278 had Chinese audio, most likely a desirable Hebei #1 from
south of Beijing.... so, below average, but promising.  I did busy
work for an hour and checked the band again at 1300.... Things were
substantially worse!!!  Less hets, less audio.  "There is always dawn
enhancement!" sez I. Right now 1350 is solidly in the beginnings of
really good dawn enhancement.... so there I was, checking 1278 first
and then running up the band... DARN NEAR NOTHING!!!  There was no
really listenable audio on the band, though JJ-774 was
recognizable.  There were still quite a few hets, but they were
almost all down just peaking above the noise floor.  WOW!  That Giant
Sucking Sound was alla the DX going A*W*A*Y.

Hey, if it was easy, most of us would take up building sailing ships
in glass bottles, or golf or some such!

John B. Going back to bed at 7:30AM.... retirement does have its advantages!