Re: [IRCA] Wonderful TP dx conditions

At 10:44 PM 10/9/2006, you wrote:

>Walt,
>
>Now if you lived at Elsa Yukon (Brian Vernon) or Palmer AK (Clayton
>Woodward), I might believe AIR 1566 all day, except it would be in the
>Winter.  The farther North you go the better things are until you hit
>the AU zone. Any LPRTS on AM up there? A lot of the 40 watters moved to
>FM. But I was wondering if you had any local AM stations?
>
>73,
>
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>KAVT Reception Manager

Patrick, there still are a number of 40w CBC repeaters in small towns on the mainland to the east, and south.  No AM transmitters on the islands at all.  The peskiest AM would probably be
Ketchikan, AK on 930 which splatters 10 kHz up and down, but just barely.  We do get plenty of stuff from Vancouver, WA, OR, ID, and CA though at night.  The 40 watters are fun to catch since they're
100s of km away, and easy to // with CBC either on 6160 or 690 in Vancouver.  I didn't listen for them this time around, but did hear them at other times.  1566 is a dream for sure!  Just have to
get past HLAZ first!  .........Walt.