Re: [IRCA] Classic rock on 1190???

Don,

  We have drastically different reception sometimes for being so close geographically.  660 was all KTNN...Grass Valley on 830...Omaha very strong (when pointed east) on 1110...1580 all KGAL tonight.

  I don't know if you care, but KRLD has been coming in very nicely on 1080 the past few nights.  KYAA/1200 either has automation problems or a nappy board op, as they have enough dead air that I could nail multiple Mexicans along with WOAI.

  Shame CKDO was tonight.  KLIV was off for a few hours last night.  Their silence is essential for me to get anything clearly on 1580 or 1600.

  Mike

The Kaskey Family <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Nothing noted under/thru KEX tonight. Usually I can get a null on them but nothing there tonight. You have better conditions than I have. I did note some other stuff of less than moderate interest between 10-11pm PDT....

570 KCFJ Alturas CA in easily with AC/NOS music thru KVI/KNRS
580 Someone cutting up KMJ with music, looping North.
600 CKBD Vancouver solid atop tonight.
650 KENI Anchorage mixing with CISL Vancouver (long time since I've had them in this good-usually get the Los Mochis station). Looping NE/SW is a real mess...
660 CFFR Calgary easily cutting thru KTNN & KGDP
700 KGRV Winston OR strong atop
710 KIRO Seattle really messing up KFIA's signal
760 KFMB weak thru noise but nothing else noted
830 KLAA Orange CA easily atop looping SE...In english
870 WWL New Orleans with 'Your Sports Leader WWL New Orleans' ID.
1040 WHO Des Moines with Coast to Coast (Noory is interviewing people who have seen 'the little people' tonight)
1110 Radio Disney not KFAB (darn)
1130 CKWX Vancouver very strong tonight damaging KRDU Dinuba.
1140 Assumed High River AB blowing KHTK Sacramento apart
1150 KTLK L.A. atop with ID 2300...
1580 Listened a long time but no CKDO could cut thru mess of KMIK/KBLA & KGAL...
1590 Assumed Reno in SS doing a bang up job on San Jose.
1620 KYIZ Renton WA atop earlier this evening.

Mostly, I just heard noise & buzzes............

Don K.
San Francisco CA