Re: [IRCA] "CBS Radio Networks Channel 44" blown automation on 1340 in the west

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And while it's most likely that the mystery "44" station was carrying
>
> such a live event and didn't switch away when it was over, it's also
> at
> least possible that the station was supposed to be carrying something
>
> from ANY of the many 24-hour networks that use the CBS system, and
> switched its receiver to the wrong channel, thus ending up with "44"
> over and over again. I've heard that happen in the past, many times.
>
> In short, we may never know...short of getting confirmation from the
> station itself.

*** Rene indicated it was the WW1 feed. That should narrow it down some
- not definitive, but still some stations can be eliminated from
consideration.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]