Re: [IRCA] BOG made to a BUG

At 08:48 AM 10/1/2006, you wrote:

>The September QST briefly mentions a ham that did something similar.. He
>ran 120 feet of wire through a 2" diameter buried PVC pipe.  The pipe
>had been buried to shovel depth.   He said he worked stations on 80
>meters "all over the world" with it.

Hams will do anything.  I was considering the same thing at my cottage, but the last time I checked the price of PVC pipe,....OUCH.  That would easily in the $100s of dollars for any substantial length and a lot of work sealing the PVC.  I had thought about running coax underground to the "antenna farm" a few hundred feet away. ........Walt