[IRCA] Disturbed, Spotty: Sept 30

It was sure different from yesterday!  It seemed very disturbed and
spotty during dawn itself, though it was steadier and mediocre in the
hour before enhancement started.  I had some form of audio, however
briefly on 33 channels. I think that there was a bit of DU here,
right a max dawn, with 702.03 showing a strong het... which is
generally the case lately when DUs are about.  I had probable DU on
1503. Wasn't quite strong enough to be sure that it was EE and
Brisvaani was putting in decent audio on 1701 plus. The more
interesting appearances were 936 probable Anhui, China that put in an
excellent signal around 1400 and then dropped like a stone. It is the
first time that I've noted them in good audio this season. 594 Japan
was doing better than usual and alla the other JJ Big Guns were
poorer than normal.

In general, it was sub-normal, but I'm still leaving for Grayland
tomorrow on the dawn ferry. I'll stay a couple of days... or up to
four, if the cx improve.

John B.