[IRCA] FYBUSH FABLES

Never guess who I ran in to at the KHHO transmitter site yesterday.
Scott and two of his buddies showed up there after circling around
SeaTac for a while. We were given a great tour by Clear Channel
engineer Dave Grytness. Some old stuff from KJR remains following
their move after co-siting for two years. We then went over to KKOL's
four-184' tower site (unpainted). They have a bright green
transmitter shack (which we didn't get in to). Dave says they have
another week or two of testing to do and that when the giant nearby
cranes move, it distorts their pattern a tad. He was not very
optimistic about their anticipated coverage of Seattle from this
site. They were not operating from the site while we were there.
Their boat signal really takes a beating here in Tacoma from KAPL
around LSR and LSS. It's useless.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
ICF2010 + Kiwa air core loop