Re: [IRCA] Semi-OT, maybe not - Poll question

Re: [IRCA] Semi-OT, maybe not - Poll question

Wow...someone comparing Van Cliburn and C. C. DeVille....who woulda' thunk
it?

Bert New
Watkinsville, Georgia
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!

Anyhow - my question is: Do Amateur radio ops and SWL/DXers still
>feel that Ham radio is a natural progression of a DXer/SWLs career?

Y'know, it's all radio.  Ham, CB, SWL, MWDX is still all about communication
over radio.  I was a DXer at age 8 by trying to find old shows on my
grandmother's radio.  I did CB because a lot of my friends had them in the
mid 70's.  I got my ham ticket just to 'git er done'.

The parallel is music.  What do pianists like Van Cliburn and the lead
guitarist from Poison have in common?  Both are musicians.  Do they berate
each other? Sure.  Does that make one less worthy than another?  Nope.  To
paraphrase the saying, there's a butt for every bench.

Just different facets of the same overall hobby..

Heck, radio isn't even my main hobby.  I spend more time and effort on
karate.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI

NG1U