[IRCA] NE Oregon TPs

I suppose this morning would have been the time to be listening at the
coast. After the solar disturbance of yesterday, conditions for LF beacons
from the Pacific were amazing this morning. Much stronger signals from
places like the Marshall Islands; far-inland Australia; Micronesia; Samoa;
Cook Islands; New Zealand. I spent most of my time on LF, but did get some
good audio from MW Asian stations, with strong hets all across the MW band.
It will be interesting to read what Pat and the Victoria guys got. I also
noticed something odd, hearing spurs or intermod from 1510 KGA Spokane down
on LF. I've never before noticed that. On 1510 KGA was S9+20, but that
shouldn't give spurs at LF, as many MW stations are that strong or stronger
and are never noticed on LF.
LWBC Far East Russians were poor, with audio on 153, 180, 279. MW audio on
594, 639, 666, 693, 747, 774, 828, 864, 1098, 1107, 1566. At the end of the
session, 1098 had a huge het and I finally heard some faint music, at 1346
utc. With the elevated strength of the Marshall Islands beacon on 316 kHz, I
presume this was Marshall Islands.
The Papua New Guinea beacons were also at stronger levels today, and even GA
was easily heard without a narrow audio filter. 1725 GA, PNG; 1735 KUT, PNG.
Steve
R75, AR7030, E/W longwire