Re: [IRCA] Few TPs get through A index

>Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:43:15 +0000
>From: vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [IRCA] Few TPs get through A index
>
>Good Morning,
>
>Here in Vancouver WA five TP signals have made it through the A-17 index with audio.
>
>153  Radio Rossii nice S-9 signal with man in RR.
>
>648  S-9 signal
>
>774  JOUB fair at 1336 S-8
>1566  HLAZ at 1314 S-8 signal
>
>1575  VOA Thailand 1315 S-7 signal
>
>Think that the 648 station will hang past 1400 and maybe get the ID then.

Well darn it!  Thinking that conditions would be a wipe-out I didn't bother to get up before 13:45 UTC, which is far too late to do any serious dxing.  Well, scanning the band, I was surprised to here plenty of strong hets and audio right from the bottom of the MW band up to HLAZ on 1566.  They've faded out rapidly as usual by 14:00 though.  Guess I should have woken up at the normal dx time.  My lessen learned:  Don't put all your dx eggs in one basket, based on A and K indices!.......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC