[IRCA] Clear Channel and the End of AM

Okay, so Clear Channel's selling off many of its radio
properties. How far will it go? Is it getting out of
radio partially, in certain-size markets, entirely?
Has CC been losing money from radio, or is CC simply
not making desired margin? If CC has been losing money
from radio, and this is some kind of fire sale - I'm
just wondering; I don't know anything - then maybe
we're finally closing in on some truly revolutionary
changes.

As a DXer, my fantasy is a good chunk of unprofitable
AM stations going dark (FM coming later), if not
eventually the whole band (I'm assuming they won't go
dark at once but the band will gradually open back
up). But who knows. One scenario which kills my
fantasy is that those peddling ideology, religious or
political, will snap up floundering media properties
and revalue the outlets as priceless vehicles for
their cause.

Saul