[IRCA] Chasing hets thru the buzz(es)

After much goading from Mike Hawkins I forced myself up around 1330 UTC
to see what I could find.  Had excellent reception from KENI-650
Anchorage from 1325-1335 with local ads, weather for SE Alaska, several
KENI call IDs and eventually back to talk show.  Wish other Alaskans
would come in like this guy.  774 JOUB was in a few minutes later and
probably would have had a fine signal if it had been buzz free, but it
most certainly wasn't.  By the time I reached 1566 20 minutes later I
could not find a signal & it was quite light outside.  I found numerous
hets on the lower end but no audio.  I did note numerous new types of
QRN/HNL whatever.  Absolutely amazing.

I also tried 850 between 11-12 PDT (0600-0700 UTC) last night and had
someone mixing with KOA in their null.  This again would have been easy
if noise free but all I could make out was that it wasn't english.
Couldn't tell if it was spanish or russian tho.  Might have been KICY
altho there wasn't a trace thru the buzz when tried at dawn.

Oh, to be back in the days of noiseless listening.  Doubt if I'll ever
make it now except in my memory.

Don K.