Re: [IRCA] Ground Rods

I buy the standard 1/2 inch type M copper pipe for plumbing in 10 foot
lengths, hacksaw the ends at an angle, and cut them in half.

They're just as easy to pound in as regular ground rods and plenty strong
enough. They actually last longer than my Radio Shack grounds rods with the
thin copper plating that quickly wears through and corrodes.

Copper supplies are at an all-time low and the world's largest private
copper mine has been almost shut down for a month or two due to a strike, so
prices have almost tripled for standard copper pipe.

Chuck