Re: [IRCA] TP This AM

Hi Nick,

It will be interesting to see what John Bryant mentions for 1566, as I
didn't even have a het, and Colin had barely a het on the frequency. 1575
was in audio here, though.

I didn't spot any DUs; all stations I tried to get a bearing on looped to
the NW. Hmm... OK, I guess I did have one DU, presumed Brisvaani on 1701.

I did note a number of the Asians had the best peak or audio from due West
(270 degrees). Skewed path propagation?

I didn't note multiple carriers, except on 1142.66 and 1143. From JB's
recent off-channel TP document, I see he once heard on off-channel station
on 1143 in August.

This morning's totals were 8 stations in audio, and 65 total TPs. A lot more
would have been in audio if it wasn't for the high levels of adjacent
channel signals that raise the noise floor! I see a 25 dB difference between
the noise floor on medium wave compared to the tropical bands here. Certain
segments of MW are better, though, with a lowered floor. My worst "dead
zone" is from 830 to 950 kHz, which includes the horrendous IBOC spread from
KHHO 850.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA
www.sdr-1000.blogspot.com