Re: [IRCA] Who's the Old Standards Station on 1080 Khz?????????

Re: [IRCA] Who's the Old Standards Station on 1080 Khz?????????

That's north Georgia Willis, not north George.

And all I know is after enjoying some of the best Barbecue known to man
yesterday at Sprayberry's in Newnan, GA, I could die happy right now. I had
the Lewis Grizzard Special and it was something to write home about.

And now after mowing my yard, I'm fixin' to go enjoy some boiled peanuts I
have cookin' on the stove.

Cheers!

Bert

Rob-

Thanks, I know where London, ON is. As a TVDXer I have seen almost all the
stations on channels 2 to 6 from Ontario.

In reference to KRLD, they have been news talk and sports for about 45
years. The last time they played music in the early 60's when they did it in
early morning hours with Hugh Lampman and American Airlines music till dawn.
I use to drive by their transmitters twice a day on my way to work.
Transmitters are located on Garland Rd. in Garland, TX. Do wish they could
change their pattern at night, as they have Texas Ranger baseball. I miss
Texas. The people here in southeastern Tennessee and north George don't know
how to eat, they can't make BBQ.

Anyhow, back to the topic. On 1080, WKJK, Louisville,KY  is also news talk.
The station in the Miami area is black urban style music (unless they have
recently switched again) and then there is Cuba. These are major players I
hear here. On 1080 I have heard Cuba play old time rock stuff, including
Elvis. The next time you hear this station, check 590, it could be Cuba in
parallel to 590.

Sorry, I can not be of more help.

73's
Willis