[IRCA] CKSW-570 pattern out of whack?

On 28-Aug-06, at 11:56 PM, Patrick Martin wrote:

> DX is really odd here tonight. I moved the WNW EWE a bit more to
> the NW
> again today. I managed to get about another foot. Tonight I could
> hardly
> hear any Vancouver/Victoria stations. Seattle was "ok" in signal, but
> anything North was poor to non existant for a time. Not a peep out of
> CKBD-600 or CKWX-1130 for a time. But CKSW 570 Swift Current SK was
> topping KVI. Mostly AU cx it seemed like too, but why I was getting
> CKSW
> is beyond me.

I think that the CKSW pattern has been out of whack for the past
couple of weeks. Their pattern is normally (same day and night)
directed to the NE from their six tower array. During the day here
in Calgary their signal is always there but is rather weak, far
below KMON-560. However for the past couple of weeks their signal
here has been much stronger, equal to that of KMON.

I have sent them a email via their website
<http://www.ckswradio.ca/>
asking if they have made any changes - will
post any reply received.

If you need them, go get them before their array is fixed!

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO