Re: [IRCA] Emperor Gene Nelson

This might be the one night of the year that Bernie Ward is worth listening to!  San Francisco radio in the 50s and 60s was great.  A lot of big names were here, though many of them didn't have the "legend" status attached to them at the time.

I went to high school with the son of Tony Tremayne, who was on KYA at the time.  Tremayne wasn't his real name, and many made fun of the real name.  Kids are always so nice.  I still have a tape somewhere of Tom Donahue on KMPX, the original underground FM rock station.  I wish I had something from Russ "The Moose" Syracuse and the All-Night Flight.

Mike

Eric Floden <eric.f99999@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
greetings

getting a real kick now out of listening to Bernie Ward on KGO talking about growing up listening to KYA 1260 back in the 60's -- I never heard it then but he has me chuckling (Wed. night 10pm PDT)

also Scott Beach on KSFO . . . I love these old reminsces of when radio was . . . more important than it seems now

ef