Re: [IRCA] Broadcast Automation

Rene,

My boss Chuck Farmer, was also the CE at KVAS. I know he had his
headaches with the IGM system. One carousel as I remember, two reel to
reel decks, and a couple cart machines for IDs, jingles, etc.
In the beginning the two 10 1/2 reels were a mix of easy listening and
MOR hits. Later, when KVAS went C&W, one 10 1/2 inch reel was the
standard C&W hits, oldies and the other he would get a regular 7 inch
reel to reel of the top 40 C&W songs and would run that on the upper
deck. The system would play every 3rd or 4th song from the current C&W
hits reel. Chris Lane was the first announcer when we went to C&W. Then
he switched over to a guy from WIRE in Indinanapolis that announced for
BPI. When I left KVAS in 1975, they were still using the old system.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.