Re: [IRCA] QSLs

>The effort should be made to get them into the hands
>of others, now, while the interest and understanding
>(of DXing issues) is there. Bottom line - will DXing survive?

One other problem of having an individual or small group administer a collection is that of personality clash.  If someone simply doesn't like a person or group, they could prevent access, or be less cooperative.

>I am interested in steam-engine technology, in some
>sort of distant detached way, but I would certainly not
>be scheduling a 1000-mile trip to the car museum
>in Dearborn MI just to actually look at them. Not worth it.

There is a great combination radio and steam engine museum in East Greenwich, RI.  They have the actual building of a ca. 1900 coastal station, and just a phenomenal collection of pre-1930 radio gear.  Also a number of working Corliss steam engines and others of the era.  Those who attended the NRC Convention I hosted in the 1980's may remember it.  A tour was done then. I should ask if they would be interested in preserving broadcast QSLs.

>Ahhh, time to go do something else. We have islamo-
>fascism, global warming and oil depletion to think
>of.    QSL retention may be farther down the list.

And don't forget IBOC!! (grin, duck, and run like heck)

Craig Healy
Providence, RI