[IRCA] MW Country #49 Verified

Jim Renfrew, Byron NY

Many thanks to v/s Erik Koie, Vagtchefen,  of Danmarks Radio for the QSL
received in today's mail, for DR 1062 Kalundborg.  He posted an invitation
for DXers, that I saw on Glenn Hauser's DXLD, to get their reports to him
before he leaves the station in the fall.  So I resent my unanswered report
from earlier in the year.  I got a prompt e-mail reply from him, and then
the QSL arrived in today's mail.  One was my prepared card, and the other
was the "National Anthem" QSL card.  This card is one of a set of four that
when combined show a colorful landscape.  I received the same cards many
years ago for shortwave reception reports.  Erik also enclosed various DR
stickers.  I used the address shown in the WRTH, with attention to Erik
Koie, enclosed with an IRC.

I have now verified Denmark on MW, LW, and SW.  FM and TV seem a bit
unlikely from here!

This is MW country #49 (out of 61 heard) verified from Byron NY.  Who are
the hold-outs?
Guinea - never sent a report in 1977 - I was poor then!.
Suriname - never sent a report in 1977 (though verified from new Canaan CT
in 1972 or so)
Senegal 774 - never sent a report in 1977.
Panama 770 - no response to 1983 report.
Honduras 660 - no response to 1983 report.
El Salvador 655 - no response to 1984 report.
Tunisia 1566 - no response to 1985 report.
St. Vincent 705 - no response to 1993 report (station has now moved to an
"even" channel")
Montserrat 885 - no response to 1993 report, and the island has since been
destroyed by a volcano.
Bermuda 1160 - no response to 1995 report.
Brazil 1100 - no response to 2003 report, despite multiple follow-ups.
Azores 693 - still waiting for an answer to my 2006 report.
.