Re: [IRCA] IBOC, one thing I fear...

Hi Bill,

Yes, I presume the FCC could adpot a rulling like they have with digital
TV, by 2009 (If they don't move the date again), but again mandating a
time frame  to do something and still getting the public to go along
with it, does not always work out. As I mentioned earlier that people
today have so many choices other than AM radio. I guess FM IBOC is not
that bad, plus CDs in cars, wireless internet for cars is not that far
away. At home internet radio, then Sirius and XM. AM radio has a lot on
competition out there. It would also take 10-15 years to get all cars
equipt with IBOC radios. Many people are not going to buy a new car. I
am not. So to get the auto industry set up with a mandate like that is
not going to happen overnight either. That also will take time. So maybe
by the time I get 75, that could be an issue. But again, people still
have the freedom to buy and no buy what they want. Getting back to
digital TV. The stations know few are buying digital TVs, but in that
case, the TV stations have cable & satellite for their viewers, so they
don't really care how many have digital TV sets. If your cable or
satellite box is digital, then there is no issue.Few watch TV over the
air anyway today. But radio does not have that option. Most of it is
over the air.

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.