Re: [IRCA] India 1566

> Tnx for everyone`s comments about this. I find it a fascinating
discussion.
> Just one point. Bob Foxworth apparently got the impression it just
happened in
> July. Actually the date was June 21, right at solstice. 73, Glenn

Glenn, you are right, and I had indeed thought this was
a very recent log. As we know, this June date now makes
my skew hypothesis somewhat more _unlikely_ as daylight
would then illuminate a lot more of the path.

As for the possibility of true long-path, I would not
want to even speculate on that. I'd think the number of
hops would just create too much attenuation.

I gather that the Illinois DXer does not have any audio
recording. I say this because Mauno Ritola is reporting
that Iran is about equal to Nagpur at his Finland QTH.
I would not want to rule out this possibility as well, and
an audio recording would help ID this.

I appreciate Chuck Hutton's valuable input as well.
It would be interesting to rent one of the W8JI beverages
and camp out on 1566 with a continuous level recorder
running.

One big mystery.

- Bob