Re: [IRCA] WD9INP=?

Somewhere in my files, I have a certificate that identifies this old geezer as WPE5JH. Later, when I was at WMIX in Mt. Vernon, I slipped up and sought, successfully from Hank Bennet, WDX9MIX ... I suppose if I were to consider it important, I'd revert to the original ...

But I prefer KA9SPA, which, purely by luck of the draw, the FCC assigned to me in 1984. I had been inspired to get my novice ticket when I learned that my old high school buddy in Corvallis, Oregon, then WN7PUB, had become K7ZN (he chose that vanity call because of the rhythm of the CW ... buzz it out, you'll see what he meant ... Our old high school nickname was the Spartans, hence KA9SPA for a time became "The Old Spartan."

Later, the punster in me took over and a local artist in Mt. Vernon volunteered to design a QSL card that featured three dogs in a hot tub, playing radio. Back in the '60s, Gordon Nelson and I made an acronym of SAE -- Self appointed experts ... and in that vein, I've used my call as an acronym for Self Proclaimed Authority ... a little self-satire there. Better than Strong, Powerful and Arrogant.

I Need Protection?

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon