[IRCA] OT and Cancel SPR-4 sale

Steve,

I'm being ungentlemanly about this, but I'm going to cancel sale of the SPR-4. There's quite a rationale for this and very ironic.

When I made the offer to sale the SPR-4, I was suffering from a constellation of mental illnesses:
 1. Bipolar Affective Disorder Class II, meaning deep depressive modes but milder hypermanic modes, or in other words "hypo." Those in the hypo mode often become very productive and/or creative. I was depressive and didn't want to deal with a "busted"
radio.
 2. Seasonal Affective Disorder
 3. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I'm long since past "crossover" time when I should go from hypo to depressive mode. SAD is still uncertain, but OCD is certainly gone. I used to get terribly bothered with the arrangement of household objects and cleanliness. Now I am normal about disorder.
Good thing this, because the Boss leaves a mess wherever she goes in the house. As for cleanliness, we're not piggish, but a pee-
spot on the commode used to get me upset and I'd stop everything to wipe it off and double wash my hands.

Simply, I'm cured. I know about approaching depression and working my way mentally out of it, but this is long and difficult. One is actually reversing a malfunction in brain chemistry by thinking one's way around it. I abruptly came out of depressive mode without drug change. I'm not hypo because I can analyze myself even when I'm irrational. That's possible for anyone to learn, and the people who suffer thru depression usually are also gifted in self-analysis. But I'm not hypo because I feel good as a matter of routine. Hypo state is unstable and varies in intensity.

Another clue is the effect of drugs. To the sufferer of depression, stimulants act as depressives and depressives act as stimulants.
That's why children who are "hyper" take Retalin or caffeine to calm themselves. Tranquilizers acted to cause me to go "high," sometimes euphoric; caffeine caused me to get drowsy and fall asleep. Now they active on me as on any "real" person.

To terminate the above, I follow with this:

I have a "busted" R-390A/URR and a "busted" SPR-4. The R-390A is arguably one of the best DX machines made and I went to school on it and got much more experience on it in the US Navy. The SPR-4 is also not far behind the R-390A.

So I'm anxious to undertake troubleshooting both radios. I have both Navy (the absolute best) manual and the Army manual on the R-390A, and if I can't find the SPR-4 manual, I will enjoy the challenge of finding one.

If you're offended, then I'll buy back my self-imposed obligation to sell it to you by returning your $75 check and offering to pay you
$75 to buy out my obligation.

I want to maintain goodwill because some of the stuff you may sell I'm interested in either in the short or long term, and simply because I'm good-hearted.

AS TO WHY I SHOULD PUT THIS ON THE REFLECTOR:

As a public service. Some of you are suffering from depression and the incidence of depression or some other mental disorder is rising. In a few generations, it will be virtually certain that everyone will develop a mental disorder at some time in life. Fortunately,
advances in medical science are fast, and also those who are willing to research on the Internet are going to be ahead of MDs.
The tools for overcoming depression are also part of the mental makeup of most depressives. Those who lack the tools are apt to be the subject of aid for those who have made the trip.

20% of untreated depressives commit suicide. I would too, if I knew I had to suffer a life of depression.

As to my own condition, I'll leave the rationalists to disprove me.

73 de Charlie T

            ---------
Charles A & Leonor L Taylor
  Greenville, North Carolina