Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:41:15 -0400
From: Barry McLarnon <bdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Splatter from 940 and 1320
       <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, < am@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 01:06, Tom Jasinski wrote:
> There are two stations that are creating a whistle/whine type sideband
> splatter.  One is on 1320 that is producing splatter on 1310 and 1330.
> The 1330 modulated whine is quite noticable.  Loop bearing is ENE/WSW.
> Interference is audible now, at midnight CDT.
>
> The second station appears to be on 940 and is producing a similar
> whine/whistle noise on 930 and 950.  Loop bearing on this one is
> ESE/WNW.  I reported hearing this same interference several weeks ago
> and never heard from anyone else who may be hearing this.
>
> Both stations are heard at home on the R8A and Quantum loop and on car
> radio while driving in and around Joliet in the evening.  This
> interference is only heard after sunset.
>
> Anyone hear this stuff and any idea where it is coming from?

Yes and no. :-)  I've heard the whine on 1330 several times, most recently
two nights ago.  It was noticeable only on LSB, so it makes sense that it
would be associated with a 1320 station, but I have a local on 1310 and
therefore was unable to check the other side.  I'll try to make some
further observations tonight.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON