Re: [IRCA] How local IS WBZ?

Chuck,

I think there were a couple other reports of poor IBOC reception too,
not just Craig's. But even a cheap AM radio can get skip hundreds of
miles away. I have never heard IBOC, but if it is anything like digital
satellite, either you get it or you don't. So what about a fade on an
IBOC signal? Would you lose the signal totally for a time before it came
back? There are a lot of issues that have to be delt with on both ends.
The transmitter and the receivers. So far most CEs I have talked to
think IBOC is a bunch of garbage, especially on AM. FM is a bit better,
but not by much. Digital  can be done much better than using IBOC I have
been told. These are engineers that have been in the broadcasting field
for many years. I would have no reason to doubt them.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.