Re: [IRCA] How local IS WBZ?

Powell,

If it becomes illegal to own a analog radio in the USA, I will no longer
be here.  Howver, if that ever happens, I think we will be long gone.
Powell, I don't know how old you are, but I am 57. But IBOC is not DX
friendly as far as I know. On paper, maybe it shows it can skip or be
received hundreds of miles, but being digital, I doubt it will be worth
it. For example with analog satellite TV, like in 1985, when a signal
would be weak, you you get a snowy picture but still watchable, until it
faded out. The same with reg TV skip. However, with digital TV I now
get, DVB, 4DTV, Mpeg, etc, either you get it or you don't. When the
signal drops off you get what they call tiling, squares, and pieces of
the pix are mising. The audio and pix freezes. You can't watch it and
make any sense out of it. Bring in digital AM (IBOC), it may do exactly
the same. I don't have an IBOC radio and I will never buy one.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.