Re: [IRCA] [RadioBroadcasting] In Memory...

Re: [IRCA] [RadioBroadcasting] In Memory...

Gents:

I am a "lurker" on some of the groups and tend to keep
my mouth shut unless something just  *has*  to be said!

I am recently retired and have been porting over to winnder$
some of my olde DOS programs.  One that is really kinda
fun and certainly of interest to the AM radio listener has
just now been posted.  It is a program wherein you enter
your home location and the program then plots a map of
the area, centered on your home location.  Size of the map
is adjustable in steps.  Then enter an AM frequency and it
plots all of the stations with their directional patterns.  The
size of those patterns is also adjustable.  So if you are
listening to the radio and tuning in weak signals on a given
frequency and are curious as to who they might be, use
this program and it will give you a headstart on revealing
who/where they are.  One fellow said it was "kind of addictive"
but at least in this case its legal!  It is simply for very serious
fun.

The downloadable install routine is here:

Since this is a just-released program, there may be spots
where it is "rough around the edges" and so I am asking
any of you who do download, install and use it to give me
feedback and suggestions.

Cheers!

- Jim Tonne   WB6BLD