Re: [IRCA] 2006 Minor League Baseball Flagships - Pacific Coast League(AAA)

Re: [IRCA] 2006 Minor League Baseball Flagships - Pacific Coast League(AAA)

> Albuquerque Isotopes   610-KNML-Albuquerque NM

Isotopes?  So instead of the player's names on the backs of the uniforms, do
they have the name of the element whose atomic number matches the player's
number (Hydrogen, #1, Helium, #2, Lithium, #3, etc.)

>> Las Vegas 51's   1460-KENO-Las Vegas NV/870-KLSQ-Whitney NV (a)

49ers, 76ers, 67s (Ottawa), I get.  But why 51s?  Did Nevada achieve
statehood in 1851, or is there some other reason?

Gotta love those minor league team names!

> New Orleans Zephyrs   690-WIST-New Orleans LA

Is this team actually playing in New Orleans?  Or have they temporarily
re-located post-Katrina, like the Saints and Hornets?

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON