[IRCA] Tonight's auroral cx

I'm not surprised that the band here at Burnt River ON
tonight is decidedly auroral. Venezuela and Cuba are
stronger than they have been much of the winter.

The solar flux, as posted here earlier, is around 100,
and the A and K are up somewhat. This morning, I had
intense auroral activity on FM, netting me 12 stations
from WI, SD and MN for over an hour, and with auroral
signals so strong that even some of my semi-locals
were affected.

Some DXers believe that events like this are followed
anywhere from immediately to within days by e-skip on
TV and FM if the MUF climbs.

So, the band is worth following tonight. It's somewhat
noisier - again, typical; though I haven't seen much
blanketing of east-west signals, though a Latin
station has been dominating Chicago on 1000, as has
suspected Venezuela on 780, something Latin on 670,
and Cuba Progresso on 890.

Montreal / Laval PQ is also dominant on 1570 --
something that seems to happen often under such
conditions. Normally it is barely or not at all heard
here. (Auroral cx sometimes enhance the Canadian
Maritimes, as well as Quebec, but the Maritimes have
not been noted here yet, tonight).

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON