Re: [IRCA] CHTN-720

Brent Taylor wrote:
> I makes no diff to me, really, but I AM in the area and do have some
> contacts in Newcap broadcasting, although not in Charlottetown proper.
>
> So, if it's alright, I'll step back up and make an inquiry - and will
> let the list know how I make out.

Inside contacts are always good, so I'd agree that Brent's The Man for
the purposes of this inquiry. (And, perhaps, to contact CFCY 630 as well?)

And a regulatory question: the "experimental period" we all know and
love is codified in the FCC's rules, which of course don't apply in
Canada. Is there a similar provision in the Industry Canada rules?

(Recalling how very well CHTN pounded into the Boston suburbs when I
lived there in the nineties, and how well CKNX seems to get in here most
nights, I could make a crack here about the Canadian experimental period
being every night from sunset to sunrise, but I'll refrain... :-)