[IRCA] An ignorant question about BOGs

Okay, so I've picked up plenty of info on termination, length, gauge
of wire, etc.

Here's my next question:

If you have a 200' BOG laid out in a straight line SW-NE, and then
need to run 20-30' to the E to reach your rig, how does that affect
the BOG?

I have tons of room on my property (and neighboring vacant property)
to lay out one or more BOGs. But since my house is situated dead
center on my acre of land, I need to do some creative wiring to get
to the point where I can start laying it down in a straight line in
the desired direction, -or- I need to way-shorten the antenna (in my
example above, I can drop the length to 100' or so straight NE from
my receiver).

Is this an issue or not? Which is preferable? Straight out and short?
Or "kinked" and much longer?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dave