Re: [IRCA] Wobbler 1100 Xtreme...It's Baaaack!

Re: [IRCA] Wobbler 1100 Xtreme...It's Baaaack!

> Excellent idea and easy to access!

I have had a version of this available on and off for maybe two years or
more.

> Just what I have often thought would be nice to do for the Wobbler
> deprived.  Until I move up to wideband though, that ain't gonna happen.  A
> webcam on dial-up is hard enough to make useful.

One advantage of running this through a Shoutcast server is that I can allow
other people to stream their reception through it.  Theoretically, anyone
with a Windows computer, the WinAmp plugin for streaming, and a receiver
could send audio from anywhere in the world.  This particular audio is
coming from my home receiver, streaming through my office DSL line in
Pawtucket, RI with a link from the web server in New Orleans.

> Your Wobbler is almost as strong as it's coming in down here.

For some reason the Cubans have always been very good around here.  Probably
because most of the path is over salt water.  I suspect the first hop jumps
right over Florida.  And, I noticed when I was in Naples that in many cases
the Cubans were stronger up here.  600 and 670 are almost always good here.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI