[IRCA] Notes About North Alabama Radio

While in the car aorund 3:00 PM I scanned the radio dial I noticed a few things....

Huntsville licensed WDJL 1000's signal is pittful. Rumor has it that the owner tore up the ground system when mowing the field and has since been operating on only one tower, but I don't see any sort of STA. Even if it was 1KW. the signal is still worse then it should be.

WSM 650 comes in extremely well on a car radio here. Yeah, I know they're 50,000 Watts but I wasn't expecting this good of a signal.

Lexington licensed WJHX 620 had a listenable signal here as well. The company that owns WJHX owns a 1450 near Birmingham

Is WEUP 1600 on the air? The calls actually became WHIY and the WEUP calls moved over to the 1190. The "WHIY 1600" signal is even WORSE then WDJL's. I suspect I know why... they don't want to maintain it since it will be disappearing soon.

WQAH 105.7 has a pretty darn good signal into Huntsville, unlike what radio-locator.com says! WQAH's puts a city grade signal into most of Huntsville.