Re: [IRCA] Nevada on BCB

Thanks Jim.  These days I put most of my effort into travel DX since
the conditions here in SoCal are so bad 95% of the time.

I print that format on two sides, and fold it in half, so I have a
single sheet of paper for each town I stay in.  I use a steno pad with
a small clipboard.  I keep it in the car during the day so I can take
notes along the way.  I prepare a custom logbook for each trip and
reduce it to fold the same way, so everything fits in the clipboard.
My custom logbooks include whatever states/provinces/estados I think
I'll hear, including AM BCB and TIS/HAR stations.  I also often
prepare market listings for each market I'll be passing through to
help me remember what channels I should be checking along the way.

On trips where I have to pack light, I bring the little RCA digital
voice recorder that everyone was talking about last year (which works
pretty nicely when you hold it up to your car radio speakers).  On car
trips with my wife when I can bring more equipment, I also pack my
Marantz musician's tape recorder and a digital timer for overnight
recording.

Hope you enjoy your trip!  We're eagerly anticipating some long car
trips to Yellowstone with my dad in June and to Corpus Christi around
the first of July (my wife has bowling tournaments in Reno and Corpus
Christi; I'm looking forward to seeing how the Kiwa loop performs on
the gulf coast).

73, Tim