Re: [IRCA] New to this list

Hi Ron

It's always nice to see someone else from this part of the continent.  You're lucky to have one local station, instead of 50 kw'ers up and down the dial, like Seattle and Vancouver.

You might try for JOUB-774 Akita, Japan and HLAZ-1566 Cheju, S Korea, which are probably the easiest trans Pacific stations.  The Japanese stations on 747 820 and 1287 are also good bets, as is VOA Thailand 1575.  It's been a while since I've heard Hawaii at home, but I hear KHVH-830 quite a bit out on the coast.  At one time I could hear KPUA-670 mixing with KBOI around sunrise, but I haven't checked in a long time.

Good luck

Bruce
Seattle

Ron Harries wrote:

As a new comer to this list, I am not all that familiar with some of the abbreviations used in the postings I've seen over the last few weeks. Such as, IBOC. Is there anywhere I can get a list of some of the commonly used abbreviations?

My situation for Dxing is not all that great. I live in a Town House which restricts antennas. My QTH is Salmon Arm BC. This is a small City in a valley. The surrounding hills are about 1000 meters above the average terrain. However, I still try. What I would like to receive are Trans Pacific stations (TP)I believe. Considering we have a local AM broadcaster at 580 KHz 10K watts that is line of site from my house, (the good news here is that it is supposed to switch to FM shortly) can someone give me some TPs especially Hawaii that I may have a chance of receiving.

Thanks

Ron Harries
Salmon Arm BC
VE7CUK

PS. If I am now using the correct address to post to this list, please let me know.

_______________________________________________ IRCA mailing list IRCA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://arizona.hard-core-dx.com/mailman/listinfo/irca Opinions expressed in messages on this mailing list are those of the original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org To Post a message: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx