Re: [IRCA] AM IBOC (semi) successfully DXed!

Re: [IRCA] AM IBOC (semi) successfully DXed!

> It's not audio (yet) - but I just turned around and looked at the
> Recepter, which was tuned to WBZ, and I'm getting enough HD signal to
> bring up the text display, which reads "WBZ." No lock on the audio.

The text does lock in way before audio appears.  I can get Artist/Title info
pretty consistently out of WMKI-1260 in Boston, but seldom audio.

> Craig, Kent, or anyone else who's played with this - have you guys
> managed to get even this far yet?

My best so far is a minute or three of audio from WOR-710.  I have tried for
WHAM-1180 at sunset but no joy.  Likewise when WOWO-1190 lift the fire
burning all night a month or two back I listened for a long time.  Nada.
The adjacent channels really trash it.  The conversation has been pretty
much how the IBOC will interfere with the analog.  What we are seeing is the
reverse.  WBZ IBOC is hit hard by the 1020 and 1040 adjacents.  That may
really limit night IBOC coverage to line of sight of the towers..  (almost)

Craig Healy
Providence, RI