[IRCA] Touch Lamp

Greetings;

I was given a Christmas Present a touch lamp. Yes, even a DXer gets
something other than what they want. However, this was an interesting
gift, as I would never buy one myself, but it gave me a chance to check
one out in the house.  I first thought with it off, it would not present
any problems, as I never heard any noise from it, so I thought. At full
brightness, the noise was low, but in the middle positions, it is very
noisy. It is a bed stand lamp. So I thought, I would just use it to get
into bed and turn it off to listen to the radio. I listen to KKOH or KGO
generally at night. Well, all has been fine the last 2 months, until
today I noticed on the R8, the complete other side of the house, this
terrible carrier from 1565 to 1585. Completely wiping out KCVR-1570 and
KGAL-1580. This carrier was S-7 or 8. It seems I have heard a bit of
noise there anyway, but I had not noticed much, until today. Well, I
hooked up my signal generator as my transmitter to rebroadcast 1570 and
grabbed the S350, and tuned in the signal. I went to the bedroom to
check out the touch lamp, thinking it might be it. I touched the lamp
and the pitch of the carrier changed. I reached behind the bed and
unplugged the lamp, and immediatately the carrier was gone. Infact the
over all noise level in the house dropped. There seemed to be some sort
of low level hash behind some weak stations during the day I could not
put my finger on. Well, the touch lamp is in the closet on the shelf and
the regular old bed lamp with the regular bulb is back.
I have it a chance. It is a nice lamp too. It is shame they put out so
much garbage.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.