Re: [IRCA] Internal receiver noise between 890 and 900

--- Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dave Williams complained about "nasty internal nose" between 890 and
> 900 in
> a Grundig radio.
>
> I think the problem is the second harmonic of the IF. I have a
> similar
> problem with a roughly 10-year-old GE Super Radio III. I have no clue
> about
> how to cure the problem--if there is a cure. The Super Radio III is
> varactor
> tuned. Is that also true of the Grundig?

*** This is a commono problem with many mass-market consumer radios
which really aren;t designed for DX'ing. Both are probably
single-conversion circuits, I'd guess.  Since it's the IF, I'd doubt
the varactor tuning has anything to do with it.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID