Re: [IRCA] REW`s 1240 Alaskan

--- Mike Hardester <DX4EVR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>          Here's what I came up with, though no
> call signs are listed (all power is 1kw):
>
> NEW        AM 1240 kHz ND2  Daytime         B C
> APP  GALENA                   AK US     VOICE FOR
> CHRIST MINISTRIES, INC
> NEW        AM 1240 kHz ND2  Nighttime       B C
> APP  GALENA                  AK US     VOICE FOR
> CHRIST MINISTRIES, INC
> NEW        AM 1240 kHz ND2  Daytime         B C
> APP  ANCHORAGE            AK US     FRED R AND
> EVELYN K MORTON
> NEW        AM 1240 kHz ND2  Nighttime       B C
> APP  ANCHORAGE           AK US     FRED R AND
> EVELYN K MORTON
> NEW        AM 1240 kHz ND3  Daytime         B B
> APP  FAIRBANKS               AK US     THOMAS
> SWEENEY
> NEW        AM 1240 kHz ND3  Nighttime       B B
> APP  FAIRBANKS              AK US     THOMAS
> SWEENEY
> NEW        AM 1240 kHz ND3  Critical Hours  B B
> APP  FAIRBANKS              AK US     THOMAS
> SWEENEY
>

> Search Link:  http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/amq.html

*** The former CP shown earlier for Seward by KFSH is listed as "Permit
Cancelled" on the FCC records.

Caveat #1 - The FCC records are often out of date and not infrequently
incorrect.

Caveat #2 - If the FCC data are correct, and KFSH is on the air, it
wouldn't be the first time a station has come on the air with an
expired or cancelled permit. The process is sufficiently cumbersome and
has enough paperwork 'drop dead dates' that missing something and
getting it cancelled isn't all that rare.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID